Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy New Year!!! (A little late)

Happy New Year!!!

I know I know... It's a little late but hey.. Things were crazy over the holiday. I have been thinking a lot about this blog and how I want to move forward with it. At first I thought that this would be a good place to help other people which I think it is but I feel as if I have been putting too much thought into it.

What I realized was I don't need tips to give out every post... I just need to talk about what I am going through on a daily basis where other people can relate. I know it makes me feel better when I read about other people going through something similar. I also realized that what works for me in certain situations doesn't work with other people but talking about the tools I use to cope could help. So that is how I am planning on moving forward from here on out.

With that out of the way its time to talk about the winter blues. I get them pretty bad mostly due to the short days. I look forward to the first day of winter because I know it will start getting dark later and later. My wife has been trying to convince me to buy a "blue light" and I have been doing some research on them. There is actually some science that support their validity. On the flip side they are like $150 for a decent one so I keep going back and forth.

When I think back through the years I see a pattern emerge. Right after Christmas I get a serious spike in the amount of anxiety I have to deal with. I think its because all of a sudden I don't have anything to pre-occupy me with. I also took 2 weeks off of work which then left me with way too much time to reflect. This will sound weird but I feel like when I don't have something to pre-occupy me I start over analyzing things which sometimes triggers the snowball to start. That is one thing that my wife gives me the business about that I have to constantly be doing something. I do have to admit that this year has been tamer then the past few years which is good.

That is all I got for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment